Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

June 4, 2016

Singing

By Maryanna Gabriel


"I don't sing because I'm happy; I'm happy because I sing."
~William James

Shivaun Robinsong is the founder of the choir. 


I have been madly traipsing back and forth to Victoria groping for notes as I prepare to perform with someone I greatly admire, the illustrious Ann Mortifee, with the Gettin' Higher Choir this week. It is a bit of tumble of lyrics and sounds in my head right now and some of what we are going to 
Dennis Donnely is co-director with Shivaun.
produce is still mysterious as orchestra members and other musicians do not appear until dress rehearsal. Ann has a voice that can blow the roof off and more talent than most people I know. I consider it an honour to be able to sing with her. We have been preparing for months and proceeds from this concert are going to assistance for Mozambique. Somewhere I read that art decorates the walls and music decorates the soul. It's true.  



Performing at the gracious and beautiful Alex Goolden Hall, Victoria BC.