Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

August 1, 2015

When They Leave Us

My Dear Lexie-Loo 
By Maryanna Gabriel

I have had to gird my loins to write this. Last time this year, I was travelling with my most wonderful doggie through Canada revisiting my past as I explored the east coast. Now I am about to launch a new children’s book that also features Lexie. I have been so privileged to have been companioned by this very special furry friend through difficult transitions in my life. She was loyal, loving, and true. We saved each other  - she needed a stable home after being uprooted three times by varying owners and unbeknownst to me she was the perfect antidote to grief. She helped to heal my heart and I feel I helped hers. We have done a lot of amazing walks together and had some fantastic times. You can tell I am speaking in the past tense for a reason. My friend wrote to me when I told her the news, “She was one of the most beautiful dogs physically and mentally that I have ever met.... Lexie was an old soul.” She was. My friend continues... “By far the hardest thing about having a pet is when they leave us.” It is. I miss her every day.