Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

July 11, 2015

Tuo Vuo Fal Italiano

By Maryanna Gabriel

"Isn't she lovely? Isn't she beautiful!"
 from the movie It Started In Naples starring Sophia Loren & Clark Gable


Ooooo....... ahhhhhhh.... the hills of Tuscany.... the soft warm sun.... the cypresses of Lebanon like flaming green candles on a gentle landscape.... the nights of liquid moonlight and the glow of fireflies... pasta that melts like honey.... walls painted the colour of butter.....beehives around a terrace of zuchinni... terazzos of red clay pots, roses, and hollyhocks....la dolce vita... you know a person could really get into this destination wedding thing. I asked myself had I died and gone to heaven? It was all like the most beautiful and extraordinary dream. 

Definitely not like my last trip to Italy. 

As promised in my previous entry I have a photo of the shoes.... everything went off without a hitch and the
... the shoes...
wedding was lovely. The castle was the cutest, gosh a person could really do with a small castle to call one's own. Updating something built in the twelfth century must be terribly difficult. I talked with the son of the count, who manages it, this makes him the count in waiting I suppose, and he said the upkeep was very dear. Yes, it must be. It was all so beautiful, tasteful, simple, yet sophisticated, the past and the present delightfully intertwined in the most thoughtful manner. More importantly, the beautiful bride and the handsome groom were very happy and there certainly was a lot of "quality merrymaking." Below is a movie made by my son-in-law as he and his bride readied themselves before the ceremony.