Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

February 11, 2015

A Short Tale Of Four Big Trees And Four Little Clams

By Maryanna Gabriel

I thought to go clam digging. It has been years. I headed with my dog to the side of the island where there is no mill. Key point. As I got onto the beach with my trusty bucket I gazed up and down the rocky ocean shore. I decided to head south. As we turned, a lurching crash assailed my ears. Four trees had suddenly fallen with a huge thunk onto the beach as parts of the road gave way above it. Yikes. We sidled further south. Calmly I began to dig. And dig. I found four clams. No kidding. Is this a commentary on my cosmopolitan islet? As I stood over my stove making pasta later that night I knew these four clams would be the finishing touch to a great puttenesca alle vongole. It kind of hit me the twist of a turn that led myself and Lexie away from what could have been  a disaster. It may have been the gleam of a promising strand that guided me and thank goodness for that.