Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

July 17, 2014

I Lived On Lac Saint Louis

By Maryanna Gabriel

"Je me souviens"
(Quebec license plate)

Myself As A Baby On Lac St. Louis With 4 Generations


I was born in Montreal and lived in Baie-d’Urfe on Lac Saint Louis. Why I don’t know. I cannot ask my mother what my father was doing but I do know my mother loved it here. I can see why. Tres charmant. Here is a photo of me, playing with my grandmother’s bracelet, with my young mother, grandmother and great grandmother on the lake. 

This country is my home and I discover many
 My Grandson Owen, A Few Days Old
rooms in this house within the provinces. The rooms hold memories. Time seems to fold in on itself and starts to run together like a dream. Am I the dreamer?

Here is a photo of me with my grandson. He is playing with my necklace. It is remarkable that he is doing this for he is only a few days old. 

Happily, I stopped to see a vet and now I have medication for Lexie that keeps ticks off of her. This is very good.

The route east is a maze but somehow we are finding our way.