Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

June 30, 2014

My CoPilot

By Maryanna Gabriel

Seems To Think I Am Quite A Wag
She is a rescue dog. Lexie appeared to me in a dream the night of my hearing of her so I knew she was supposed to be with me. While I thought I was rescuing her, it turns out she is actually rescuing me. I have had her a year now and she is almost twelve. She keeps me on the straight and narrow, lots of walks a day, and three squares. She likes to sit at the chair at the front as she can see but I tell her she has not got her license and when she does I will be happy for the relief. She is the most amazing companion, very aware and sensitive, I tell her so often, a fact she seems to appreciate, for she seems to think I am quite a wag. Long ago I read John Steinbeck's "Travels With Charley" which I enjoyed, the story of the famous American author driving around America. I fancy myself similarly inspired. I need some time to gather my thoughts around my new grandson. I feel I have been out of time and now I am reentering my journey in a whole new way, changed somehow in a way difficult to define, by this tiny and oh so magnificent being. I am not sure what to do about the flooding I seem to be heading towards. Saskatchewan is in havoc. In the province of Alberta it is really different, a change so radical that it feels like it  is a different country, but this is Canada after all. I head south for "Writing On Stone Provincial Park" and hope that the predicted rains to the east shift soon. This park has a lot of spirit in a topographical low profile kind of way.... the rocks seem to pulsate with energy. I carry those that I love with me as I depart.