Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

May 25, 2013

Library Heaven

By Maryanna Gabriel


Librarians mobilized can be a force to be reckoned with and not to be underestimated. We have a new library here on the island that seemed to go through all the hoops and happened without a lot of birth pains which is saying a lot for this community. In my recent return to my home “town” I felt I had arrived in library heaven. It took a lot of blinking for me to understand that yes indeed, I could sip a latte by subdued brass lamps, with lovely patterned carpeting, in comfortable leather chairs, and read newspapers and magazines from all over the world. I immediately settled myself in for a good read, exciting recipes from a magazine in Australia, and of course what was the stock market doing in Stockholm. I glanced over at the woman beside me and tried not to smile. She was reading with white gloves on. Well. I guess that is what you do here. Let’s face it. It’s a different tax base.