Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

October 7, 2011

Living One's Own Life

G’day mate. How are you going? Good on you. Here drinking “Flat White” and enjoying the denizens of the Land Of Oz. I survived the flight – however on landing we were quarantined on the plane while they sprayed the overhead luggage and we had to sit in the spray for 15 minutes trying not to keel over. A bit difficult, really. Sidney was a surprise. I like the flavour of the Victorian architecture built with pale stone. I saw a large bird with a curved beak walking on the sidewalk.

The Aussies I have met have been full of teasing and fun – a great sense of humour and so very friendly and helpful. Slipping away from Sydney Harbour on this ship embarking for points east I enjoyed the views of the famous Sydney Opera House and the charming harbours dotted with sail boats.

I am voyaging with predominantly Australian passengers – we are headed for New Caledonia, amazingly a French territory, and the rocking of the ship is extremely relaxing and soothing, the weather surprisingly cool. I marvel at the innovation of Steve Jobs and how he lived with the courage of following his intuition and in his own words not “living someone else’s life.”