Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

September 29, 2011

Worried About The Weight Of My Shoes

My shoes seem to be at least half a pound. I have stepped on and off the scales twice to check. I should have bought those pink mesh numbers that were on sale that I noticed on my last trip to town. Too late now. I’m committed to the hefty leather protection these render. One has to have stout walking shoes, after all, this is a walkabout I am undertaking. I stare at my new Birks feeling somewhat calm. Some items packed feel just right. I have unpacked and repacked three times and I am considering a fourth today. I thought I could just do this and be done with it and move onto something more constructive but packing seems to be a pervasive and thoughtful process that takes up an entire room and more days than I care to acknowledge. I have decided this is a bit like ascending K2. Every item is considered for weight, usefulness and compacted where possible with the thought in mind I might have to marry a chiropractor if I wish to get on in life. I have lost weight recently I notice. I must be lightening up. I take this as a good sign.