Magic Cottage Creations

Magic Cottage Creations
Return to my website.

September 27, 2011

The Beauty Where I Live

I am writing from the harbour of Ganges, the sunlight is reflecting off of the water, the boats are at anchor, and I am eating an exotic breakfast lovingly made, a rainbow is shining over the home where I live, the rain has abated, and the world seems luminescent in the light of a new day. This world we live in is so beautiful. Now I journey. It will be a beauty out-manifesting from the great pallet of creation that is a different form. I go to Sidney, Australia and then I am boarding a ship. The journey will take me to islands that are French and Fijian with exotic names such as Savu Savu, Dravinis Island, Suva, New Caledonia, Vanuatu. Maybe I will see fire walkers, eat exotic fruit, and walk turquoise lagoons, and stare at tattoos of woad that tell stories. Candied pink and yellow colonial architecture will be set amid jungles, and interesting peoples will populate my day. I will not be the same. My life is changing and I am glad of it. I wonder what will come of this and how I will be affected by the paintbrush moving through my soul of new washes and impressions of the beauty of this jewel of a planet where we live.